Rocket League: Ratchet and Clank and the PlayStation 5 version are coming
Rocket League is updated by introducing Ratchet and Clank, along with a new version dedicated to PlayStation 5, with two video modes.
The famous title of machines Rocket League decided to celebrate an iconic duo, adding Ratchet and Clank free for all Sony users, together with a special version for PlayStation 5. It will be possible to redeem the two machines until next January 3, 2022, by simply logging in from PS4 or PS5.
The two machines are already available today while the new version for PS5 will be available starting tomorrow 18 August and will introduce two new graphics modes for the next generation console. You will be able to choose which one to apply simply by going to the video options of the game.
The two new vehicles are inspired by the recent Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, a title of which a digital deluxe edition may soon arrive, and contain the following items: Ratchet & Clank Punk Decal for Octane, Negatron Collider Boost, Clank Balloon Topper and the Ratchet Balloon Topper. It will therefore be possible to customize your machine in a very particular way.
As for the two PS5 versions of Rocket League, which we remember being free-to-play after the announcement last year, it will be possible to run the game at 120hz, on compatible screens. The details of your releases are as follows:
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires an HDR10 compatible display and an HDMI 2.0 or better cable
- A compatible screen is required for the 4K experience. If a 1080p resolution display is used, the game will be rendered at 1080p with 4K super sampling
- the title will have a resolution of 2688 × 1512 (70% of 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- the game’s User Interface will run at 4K
- A compatible display is required for the 4K UHD experience. If a 1080p resolution display is used, the game will be rendered at 1080p with 2688 × 1512 super sampling
- HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible screen, as well as an Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable
Vehicles inspired by Ratchet & Clank blast into Rocket League tomorrow: https://t.co/xBzHWT89XV pic.twitter.com/PTmCYA368O
– PlayStation (@PlayStation) August 17, 2021
Also we remind you that Season 4 has just started, which will end on November 17th and is characterized by scenarios inspired by the far west. The machines inspired by Ratchet and Clank are instead available for free on Rocket League, until next January 3, 2022.