- What is Instagram’s new “Add Your Own” tag?
- How to Add an “Add Your Own” Tag to Your Instagram
- How to use the new “Add Yours” feature
- Frequent questions
- 1. I can’t see the “Add Your Own” label. What I can do?
- 2. My “Add Your Own” tag is not working correctly. Now what?
- 3. What other stickers can I use to enhance my stories?
Instagram added a new way for users to interact with their followers called “Add Yours.” If you’ve been on the social network recently, you’ve probably noticed a lot of people using this new hashtag in their Stories. If you would also like to try it, follow this tutorial and learn how to activate the option in your Stories too.
What is Instagram’s new “Add Your Own” tag?
The new feature can be added in Stories. It will allow viewers to reply to the post by adding their own images.
For example, someone can make a post about a book they are reading this week and ask their followers to add images of what they are reading. Instagram initially tested the feature in Indonesia and Japan last month before extending its availability to everyone.
How to Add an “Add Your Own” Tag to Your Instagram
If you want to create your own “Add Your Own” sticker, follow these steps to start using the new feature. Since you can only create Instagram Stories from the app, we’re using the Android version for this tutorial.
- Open the Instagram application on your mobile phone.
- In your feed, tap the “+” button in the top right corner and select Story. Alternatively, simply swipe left on your screen to bring up the History screen.
- Take a photo or select one from your camera roll.
- Now it’s time to edit the story. Tap the sticker icon at the top.
- Select the “Add yours” option. You should be able to see at the top.
- You will be asked to write your prompt for your story. Invite people to share their experiences.
- If you’re not sure what to write, tap the dice at the bottom and Instagram will come up with some suggestions.
- Place the sticker anywhere you want on the screen, and when you’re ready, tap “Your Story” to have the story published. It will only be visible to your followers.
Once you’ve shared the story, you can go back to your post and tap the tag to see what your followers have contributed to the thread.
How to use the new “Add Yours” feature
You may come across Stickers when you are checking the latest Stories posted by your Followers. When you see an “Add Your Own” sticker, simply press the sticker (not the text below it). This will show you all the people who have contributed to the thread. Tapping their profile picture will reveal the stories they shared.
If you’re not sure what to post, this is a great way to get some inspiration. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a blue button that says “Add yours.” Tap it to add your own story.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to see what others have posted, simply tap the “Add yours” text below the message to immediately go to the camera app where you can take a photo or select from those you already have in your gallery.
1. I can’t see the “Add Your Own” label. What I can do?
As is often the case when new features are implemented, not everyone will have access at the same time. This means that some users may still have to wait until the new “Add Your Own” label arrives in their respective region.
2. My “Add Your Own” tag is not working correctly. Now what?
You can try to exit and open the app again or check if an update is available for your app. Go to Play Store and search for Instagram. If you see an “Update” button below, it means an update is available. If you update the app and the feature still doesn’t work, you can try restarting your device.
3. What other stickers can I use to enhance my stories?
If you’re looking to make your Stories more engaging, you can add music to them or try sharing interesting links with your followers, all with the help of stickers.
Instagram can be a great place to socialize and meet new people. Recently, the app introduced the option to create collaborative posts, which will allow you to be creative with someone on the social network. If, on the other hand, you’ve spotted a good Story that you’d like to keep, get up to speed on how you can download Instagram Stories and Instagram Highlights.